Fall is here I feel like pumpkin spice is everywhere! Well, since going Paleo, I have given up a lot of the pumpkin spice treats available but I still wanted to enjoy a nice treat. Lily also LOVES bread so I thought, why not try a muffin that is not only Paleo but incorporates a nice pumpkin flavor. These are also tree nut free!
It’s a super simple recipe that is very protein dense, refrigerates well, is portable and a great treat to make together! 🙂
Start by gathering your ingredients:
1/2 cup coconut oil or ghee, melted
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
1 cup organic pumpkin puree (I found mine at Trader Joes)
1/4 cup organic coconut sugar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup organic coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup chocolate chips or chunks (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix coconut oil or ghee, eggs, vanilla and pumpkin in one bowl.
Mix coconut sugar, sea salt, coconut flour and baking soda in another bowl.
Place in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
Remove and check with a toothpick, allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or ghee, melted
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chunks (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix coconut oil or ghee, eggs, vanilla and pumpkin in one bowl.
- Mix coconut sugar, sea salt, coconut flour and baking soda in another bowl.
- Combine into one bowl and add the chocolate chips and/or chunks.
- Line a cupcake pan with paper liners or grease with coconut oil or ghee.
- Place in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove and check with a toothpick, allow to cool for 10 minutes.
These turned out so delicious! They are super moist, hold together well and the chocolate makes it feel like a treat. They can be refrigerated up to a week and I recommend removing one from the fridge about an hour before you are ready to eat it so it doesn’t stick to the paper liner.
What snacks and treats are you enjoying this fall? Let me know if the comments below!
-Crystal & The Bean