Easter morning can get crazy with egg hunts, family, and so much fun! Often the day can also be filled with lots of running around, sweets, and cooking. That is one reason I love these muffins. Not only can they be made ahead of time, but the recipe is super easy. Also, there is a good amount of protein, low sugar, and have fiber to keep you full.
These muffins are great for anyone who is not eating wheat, watching their carbs, or can be adapted to be dairy-free.
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup frozen or fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin cups with liners.
- Add yogurt, butter,vanilla and apple cider vinegar to a bowl. Mix until incorporated.
- Add almond flour, baking soda, and salt on top. Mix well.
- Add eggs and mix until eggs are just incorporated into the batter.
- Let batter sit for a few minutes.
- Drop a few berries into each muffin liner. Cover berries with batter or with desired amount.
- Top with a few berries.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until slightly golden brown and a tester comes out clean.
- Remove and let cool in pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Note: If you want a sweeter muffin, add a few drops of liquid stevia.
- Great Tip: Sprinkle the top of the muffins with shaved almonds.
Eggs & Bunnies,