Here is one my favorite recipes that is not only fun but super tasty and easy!
Paleo Meatloaf Muffins with Sweet Potato Topping
Write a review
- (For the Meatloaf)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. beef tallow
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce (make sure to use a Paleo version, I used Tessamae's)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- (For the Sweet Potato Topping)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 Tbsp. beef tallow or ghee
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place ground beef in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Melt 1 tsp. beef tallow in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute, stirring occasionally, until they start to soften.
- Add garlic, cook 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add onion-garlic mixture to ground beef.
- Add barbecue sauce, sea salt, pepper and dried thyme.
- Using your hands or a spoon, mix well to combine.
- Divide meat mixture evenly among the wells of a muffin pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink in the center.
- While meatloaves are baking, steam sweet potatoes until tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Drain and puree sweet potatoes and beef tallow or ghee in a food processor, or mash well with a fork.
- Spoon the sweet potato topping onto the meatloaves.
- Drizzle with additional barbecue sauce, if desired.
Beansters Bytes http://beanstersbytes.com/